There are lots of fabulous benefits to sending cards/writing letters. I’ve compiled my top 5 favorites for you below.
- Increase creativity. In the July 2015 issue of O, The Oprah Magazine, writing a letter comes in #3 for boosting creativity. So go ahead and start sending cards and writing little notes to your heart’s content, all the while sparking your visual, cognitive & brain processes differently. Amazing, right?
- Deepen/enhance relationships. Want to be a fabulous friend & win some major points? Then send a card which shows how much you care & scores very high on your depth of feeling. #fierceloyalty (The graph below is meant to be humorous but it’s also very true.) Bonus benefit – not only have you made someone happy, you’ve increased your well-being & feelings of happiness! #winning
Image courtesy of Wendy McNaughton.
- Create lasting memories. Cards are tangible, physical mementos that can be cherished by the recipient. Which means they can be preserved, re-read and appreciated over & over again. Who wouldn’t love that?
- An easy way to be present. Taking a couple minutes to craft a short but meaningful note (stay tuned for quick & easy writing tips in future posts) requires your undivided attention. You’ll be completely focused on your task at hand while practicing mindfulness simultaneously.
- Inspire others to send cards. The simple act of sending cards could end up encouraging someone else to profess their love & #fierceloyalty and keep the time-honored tradition of #snailmail alive & kickin’. There’s no doubt about it that technology helps us keep in touch easily & efficiently, but it can never replace the sacredness of cards.
I’d love to hear about the best card/letter/postcard, etc., you’ve received or sent. And how either made you feel. Please share in the comments below.
Also, guess what?! Due to popular demand there is a NEW mini subscription option for those of you who would like a smaller amount of cards & a lower price point. *happy dance* Everything is the same – gorgeous, quality cards with a few extra goodies. Check out the details here.