October is my favorite month for soooo many reasons. Sweater weather, steamed maple milk with VT maple syrup (yes, it has to be VT maple syrup), hot chocolate, Halloween (the holiday) horror movies, pumpkin & apple everything EXCEPT PSL…#sorrynotsorry PSL fans. And last but not least, finding & sending the best Halloween cards!
When I was a child, Halloween was the next best holiday to Christmas (and my birthday, which I totally consider a holiday. Just ask my husband). Finding the perfect costume was much more fun for me than getting the candy. Just me?
I even made it on the front page of our local paper for my costume as Little Orphan (Asian) Annie. My mom hand crocheted the red wig & sewed my red dress with the white collar. Like completely handmade from a dress pattern. This stands out as one of my best Halloween costumes and memories, thanks to my mom!
Nowadays, I don’t dress up or give out candy (but I do decorate our mantle) because I’m an introverted homebody who’d rather be at home with my husband & pup, watching horror movies & eating candy. AND because we live on the top of a valley, no one comes to our house for trick or treating because of our long & steep driveway. Kids these days…when I was young, a hill would never have stopped me.
So for those of you who love Halloween, whether you dress up, pass out candy, or send out cards, check out our ten spooktacular Halloween cards to celebrate.
The 10 Best Halloween Cards
1. This stay ghoul from Friendly Fire Paper is for your ghoulest friend. See what I did there?
2. This Jack O’ Lantern card from Ink Meets Paper is more sweet than spooky & will delight any Halloween enthusiast.
3. This together forever card from Tay Ham is perfect for the Beetlejuice fans out there. One of the best movies ever! With the best cast ever, especially Catherine O’Hara.
4. This hey boo pop-up card from Inklings Paperie for your boo.
5. This cheers witches card from Chez Gagné for your best witch / your ride-or-die
6. This you are magical greeting card + chocolate bar in one from Sweeter Cards makes a great kids’ card. We’ve featured Sweeter Cards in several of our past collections & their dark chocolate, sea salt caramel bars are handmade in St. Louis, using Fair Trade Certified™ ingredients. Plus each batch is hand stirred in copper kettles.
7. This happy halloween floral skull card from Frankie & Claude for your friend with great taste.
8. This batty about you card from Lionheart Prints for the person you’re crazy about.
9. This hey pumpkin card from The Social Type for pumpkin lovin’ friends.
10. This Shining Bunnies card from Dear Hancock is one of my absolute favorites & has made it into the last 3 Halloween card roundups. For Stephen King devotees, or Stanley Kubrik / Jack Nicholson fans or horror movie & book aficionados. C’mon, bunnies dressed up as the Shining twins. What’s not to love?
If you’re looking for more cards, check out 2019’s Halloween card roundup here.
Which is your fav card(s) & who would you send too? Or what was your favorite costume (as a child or an adult)? Share in the comments below!
Here’s to sending cards & spreading love, Halloween style
PS. Know a fellow snail mail lover? Please help me spread the word about Pretty by Post by sharing using the buttons below.
Click the button below to opt-in to our newsletter list for free shipping on your first order, sneak peeks & special discounts.