October is my favorite month for soooo many reasons. Sweater weather, steamed maple milk with VT maple syrup (yes, it has to be VT maple syrup), hot chocolate, Halloween horror movies, pumpkin & apple everything EXCEPT PSL…#sorrynotsorry PSL fans. And finding & sending the best Halloween cards!
And when I was a child, Halloween was the next best holiday to Christmas (and my birthday, which I consider a holiday. Just ask my husband). Finding the perfect costume was much more fun for me than getting the candy. Just me?
I even made it on the front page of our local paper for my costume as Little Orphan Annie. My mom hand crocheted the red wig & sewed my red dress with the white collar. Like completely handmade from a dress pattern. This stands out as one of my best Halloween memories, thanks to my mom!
Nowadays, I don’t dress up or give out candy (but I do decorate our mantel) because I’m an introverted homebody who’d rather be at home with my husband & pup, watching horror movies & eating candy. AND because we live on the top of a valley, no one comes to our house for trick or treating because of our long & steep driveway. Kids these days…when I was young I would walk uphill for candy.
But I still enjoy the holiday & for those of you who continue to dress up, pass out candy, or send out cards, here are ten spooktacular Halloween cards to celebrate.
The 10 Best Halloween Cards
1. This bat Confettigram™ from Inklings Paperie is a great surprise. It contains hand-mixed bat confetti in a clear envelope. (I’m obsessed with the Confettigram™ we offered in our September Curated Card Collection & our subscribers loved it too!)
2. This best witches card from Nicole Marie Paperie is perfect for your bestie / bff.
3. This Shining Bunnies card from Dear Hancock is one of my absolute favorites & has made it into the last 2 Halloween card roundups here and here. For Stephen King devotees, or Stanley Kubrik / Jack Nicholson fans or horror movie & book aficionados. C’mon, bunnies dressed up as the Shining twins. What’s not to love?
4. This Hey Boo card from I Loot Paperie for your boo.
5. This isn’t a Halloween specific card but if you have a friend who has moved during October, this haunted house card from The Good Twin is a lot of fun.
6. This Here for the Candy card from Unblushing for the diehard candy lovers / trick or treaters.
7. This pumpkin card from Dot and Jot featuring a sugar skull with hand drawn ornaments is like a mini piece of art for the Halloween obsessed.
8. This Halloween dogs card from Driscoll Design for your dog lovers.
9. This Sanderson Sisters card from Pop and Paper for the Hocus Pocus fans.
10. This Headless Horseman card from Paper Pony Co. for the Sleepy Hollow enthusiasts.
Which is your fav card(s) & who would you send to? Or share your favorite costume (as a child or an adult).
PS. Know a fellow snail mail lover? Please help spread the word about Pretty by Post by using the share buttons below.
Click the button below to opt-in to our newsletter list and you’ll get instant access to our free resource library filled with PDFs and worksheets to make it as easy as possible to send cards and spread love.