October is my favorite month for so many reasons. Sweater weather, steamed maple milk with VT maple syrup (yes, it has to be VT maple syrup), hot chocolate, Halloween horror movies…need I go on?
And when I was a child, Halloween was the next best holiday to Christmas (and my birthday, which, I consider a holiday. Just ask my husband). Finding the perfect costume was so much more fun for me than getting the candy. Just me?
I even made it on the front page of our local paper for my costume as Little Orphan Annie. My mom hand crocheted the red wig & sewed my red dress. Like completely handmade from a dress pattern. Thanks Mom!
Unfortunately, I haven’t celebrated Halloween in a very long time & because we live at the top of a valley, no one comes to our house for trick or treating because of our long & steep driveway. And did I mention I’m an introvert / homebody so I’d rather be at home with my husband & pup, watching horror movies & eating candy. Anyone else?
But I still enjoy the holiday & for those of you who continue to dress up or pass out candy, here are some spooktacular Halloween cards to celebrate. (#sorrynotsorry)
1. We’re suckers for a pun & this ‘Monstera’ Mash card from Ferme à Papier is too cute. For your plant lady friends or anyone with a sense of humor.
2. Ghosts are a Halloween staple & this Hey Boo card from Paige Stationery delivers. For your boo or bestie.
3. Pumpkins, black cats & crows, oh my. This watercolor Jack O’ Lantern card from Golden Fox is like a mini piece of art. For anyone who loves watercolor, cats or pumpkins.
4. Letterpress animal zombies! Such a fun letterpress zombie card from Blackbird Letterpress. For your Zombie-obsessed friend, The Walking Dead fan, & horror movie buffs.
5. We love the details in this die cut Haunted House card from Alexis Mattox Design. For your haunted house enthusiasts.
6. This letterpress Jack O’ Lantern card from Ink Meets Paper may be the perfect Halloween card. For the person who loves Halloween the most + pumpkin carving/decorating.
7. This seasonal card from Printerette Press may not be a traditional Halloween card per se, but rather a celebration of Fall & October. For your pumpkin / Fall luvin’ friend.
8. A Halloween love note from I Loot Paperie. For whoever you’re batsh*t crazy over.
9. A spooky Happy Haunting card from Hennel Paper Co. For your more morbid friends.
10. This Shining Bunnies card from Dear Hancock made it into last year’s Halloween card roundup and it’s just too good not to include again. For Stephen King devotees, or Kubrik / Jack Nicholson fans, or horror movie & book aficionados.
11. Honorable mention (only because it’s sold out): This screen printed Abracadabra card from Maple & Belmont features hand-drawn illustrations & text. A playful nod to Bugs Bunny in “Transylvania 6-5000.”
Which is your fav card(s) & who would you send too? Or what was your favorite costume (as a child or an adult)? Share in the comments below!
Share this post with your Halloween-obsessed friends by using the share buttons below.
Click the button below to opt-in to our newsletter list and you’ll get instant access to our free resource library filled with PDFs and worksheets to make it as easy as possible to send cards and spread love.