Well, everyone, the 2017 #sendcardsspreadlove Challenge for National Card & Letter Writing Month is over. It’s a bittersweet time, that’s for sure. It’s a lot of hard work and I absolutely love it…but I’ll be honest: a month long challenge is tough and I’m wiped out by the end. I had such a great time and I hope you did too! Here’s a recap of the 2017 #sendcardsspreadlove challenge!
If you’re new here or you’ve been ignoring my emails (haha), the intention for this challenge was for you to connect with the ones you love in a fun way, while bringing back the joy and beauty of real communication…in a way that still fits into your fast-paced lifestyle.
That’s why the challenge consisted of sending out 4 cards (one per week) based on the 4 weekly prompts, along with 2 bonus challenges for anyone who wanted to do more. Sending snail mail shouldn’t be stressful or feel like another obligation, but rather a joyful way to stay connected. I hope that you felt this way too and I can’t say thank you enough for joining me this month.
I’m already thinking of ways to make it even better next year and I would love your feedback on what you’d like for tips and resources (let me know your burning questions regarding sending cards and letter writing) as well as recommendations for future guest bloggers and topics. Please take this quick survey and help me improve next year’s challenge! I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU! Psst…in gratitude for your help, there’s a coupon code for filling it out.
Before I continue with a recap of the 2017 #sendcardsspreadlove challenge, I want to say that I’ve been so inspired by each and every one of you, and I’m in awe of your creativity. You rocked these challenges!
briichan/ Kate N.
You don’t know how happy it makes me to see all of your pics. It is truly heart-warming to see that cards are being sent out into the world. Thank you, everyone! All winners will be announced May 5th via newsletter, on IG and in the Facebook group, so make sure you’re connected in one of those ways.
Also, make sure to check out all the fabulous guest posts and resources from the past three weeks, like this list of reasons to write, on the blog. There’s a lot of really good tips, ideas and inspiration for sending cards/letters.
Lastly, join us in the Facebook group to meet fellow card/letter writing enthusiasts, share your challenge entries and for future fun stuff. I’ve got plans for this group (like monthly challenges with prizes, special giveaways, coupons, etc.)
Here’s A Recap Of The 2017 #sendcardsspreadlove Challenge
- A list of reasons to write
- A list of who to send a card to and even what type of card to send
- Guest post from Alexandra Franzen on the power of a letter to change a life
- Hand lettering tips and free resources from Meenah Samuel
- Special designer feature on Sara McNally of Constellation & Co.
- Guest post from Mary Potter Kenyon on a 30 yearr friendship through letters, plus a GIVEAWAY
- A fresh perspective on what writing letters could lead to from Caroline Donahue
- How to Craft the Perfect Just Because Card by Jill DeLuce
- Designer feature with Richele Silva of Richie Designs, plus a BONUS challenge
- A beautiful Memories & Milestone ritual from Skylar Liberty Rose
- Josh Solar’s post on love, kindness and making the world a better place
- Five Easy & Fun DIY Envelopes from Nancy Gaines
- Designer feature with Farewell Paperie and a second BONUS challenge