Welcome to Day 26 of the 2016 #sendcardsspreadlove challenge. It’s also the final day of the challenge!
Our intention for this challenge was for you to connect with the ones you love in a fun way, while bringing back the joy and beauty of real communication…that still fits into your fast paced lifestyle.
That’s why we challenged you to only send out four cards (one per week) based on the four weekly prompts we provided. We wanted something that felt easy and do-able, cuz sending snail mail shouldn’t be stressful or feel like another obligation, but rather a joyful way to stay connected. We hope that you felt this way and we can’t say thank you enough for joining us this month.
As I mentioned on day 17 of the challenge, I’m already thinking of ways to make it even better next year and I would love your feedback on what you’d like for tips and resources. Let me know your burning questions regarding sending cards and letter writing, as well as recommendations for future guest bloggers and topics. You can email me at danielle [at] prettybypost.com I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
Day 26 Of The 2016 #sendcardsspreadlove Challenge
Week 4 Challenge: I Get By With a Little Help from My…
This week’s challenge is to send a card to kids, family or friends and the prize is your choice of one of the single curated collections. To be eligible for the prize, share your card and/or note, tag both Christina and Pretty By Post on IG, along with week 4 challenge and the #sendcardsspreadlove hashtag by May 2nd at 11:59 pm EST. All winners will be announced on May 4th via newsletter and IG.
Today, I’m sharing my card for the last challenge [sniffle, sniffle] and at the end I have an AWESOME GIVEAWAY.
I don’t have children of my own, so I’ve decided to “steal” a friend’s boy. He’s adorable but I actually haven’t met him. I’ve only talked to him once or twice on Skype when I was chatting with his mom. Still though…he was the first little person to pop in my head and he’s also the youngest of my friends’ children, so he’s the perfect guinea pig, I mean little one, to instill a letter writing habit with. And since I’ve never written to a child, I found Coleen’s guest post from earlier this week extremely helpful.
We don’t know each other but I’m a friend of your mom’s & I just wanted to say hi.
I love sending cards & I hope that getting this card is fun!
Here’s a TMNT joke for you as I know how much you like them, especially Leonardo.
What happens when you get into a fight with a TMNT?
You get shell shocked.
I’d love to hear any jokes you know.
Lastly, in gratitude for being a part of the #sendcardsspreadlove challenge and making it so much fun (and a success), I’m giving a 3 month subscription away. Just leave a comment below and then let Rafflecopter know you commented (this is the only requirement to be entered) letting me know which challenge was your favorite and why.
Here’s a recap of the previous weeks cuz there’s a lot of good stuff you don’t want to miss out on:
- BIG LIST of reasons to send cards [Day 1]
- Resources on what to write [Day 3]
- Guest post by Claire on tips for sustaining a letter writing habit [Day 5]
- Guest post by Josh with Hello Happiness Card Company on the power of letter writing [Day 8]
- Guest post by Kara with Boho Berry on her 29 day InCoWriMo letter writing experience [Day 10]
- Guest post by Lauree with Simply Leap and a special 300 Simply Leap Spring Hearts Challenge [Day 12]
- Guest post by Ryan of Silver Mountain Solutions with tips/tricks on saying thank you and ways to show you care [Day 15]
- Post from me showcasing challenge entries and the cards I’ve sent out [Day 17]
- Guest post by Sarah Schwartz with The Paper Chronicles on her Letter Writing Campaign and a chance to win some gorgeous stationery [Day 19]
- Guest post by Coleen (and Joe) of PaperFreckles with tips for writing to children [Day 22]
- Guest post by Linda of Curious Notions and Girl Eats World with tips for being a better pen pal [Day 24]
It’s time to celebrate with a 3 month subscription giveaway – open to US and Canada ONLY. To be entered leave a comment below (mandatory but with a splash of pretty please for good measure). And if you’re a current subscriber and you win, don’t fret, you can either choose to gift your prize to another lucky individual (talk about major friendship points) or you can have an extra 3 months on us.
* This giveaway runs from April 29th, 2016 – May 3rd, 2016 (ends at midnight EST). The winner will be notified via email on May 4th and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. After 48 hours, if there is no response, another winner will be chosen.