Now that the holidays are over & we’re in the first week of the New Year, it’s time to start sending off thank you notes for all the beautiful gifts & tasty treats you received during the holiday season.
Yes, it’d be easier & more convenient to send a text or email but when it comes to delighting your favorites with the perfect sentiment at the perfect time, I know that:
- Ink will always trump email.
- Handwritten cards have the power to connect people in a way that just isn’t possible via a text, email or a Facebook message.
So today, we’ve got an easy & foolproof method for crafting the perfect thank you note.
1. Grab your favorite thank you cards: Make sure you have addresses, stamps & your favorite pen, plus any other extras. Sending a thank you note doesn’t have to be overwhelming when you’re organized & prepared. (If you need cards we have a thank you curated collection that includes eight cards!)
2. Write your greeting: Dear X, Hey X, My Dear Friend/Sister/Husband, etc.
3. Write your message of gratitude: I like to let the card do most of the “talking”. State exactly what you’re thankful for – someone’s friendship, advice you received, a specific event you attended (i.e. party, book club, baby shower, etc.), letting you vent, making an introduction, helping you move, being a mentor, outstanding performance from a local business, client or employee or receiving a gift.
4. Sign-off + Signature: End your note by signing off love, with love, xo, best, in gratitude, your biggest fan, etc.
Here’s a sample Thank You note:
My Dear Friend,
I absolutely love the beautiful crocheted scarf you made. It’s the most perfect gift, especially with the freezing temps right now. Not only will I be all cozy warm but I will think of you everytime I wear your gorgeous creation. Thank you for your thoughtful gift – it made my day.
In gratitude + sending all my love,
We hope these tips for crafting the perfect thank you card helped.
Giveaway NOW CLOSED
And now for a GIVEAWAY (OPEN TO US & CANADA ONLY)! In order to help you keep track of your thank yous we’re giving away an exclusive Pretty by Post Thank You List notepad created with the help of my friend & talented designer, Jenna Murillo (check out her gorgeous Refresh Botanical planner in the Planner Pop-Up Shop – there’s only ONE left!).
To enter to win, please leave a comment below letting us know who you’ll be sending a thank you card to & why. This giveaway runs from January 5, 2018 – January 11, 2018 at midnight EST. A random winner will be notified via email on January 12, 2018 and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. After 48 hours, if there is no response, another winner will be chosen. Good luck!
Click the button below to opt-in to our newsletter list and you’ll get instant access to our free resource library filled with PDFs and worksheets to make it as easy as possible to send cards and spread love.