Hi, guys! I have had so much on my plate lately, I wasn’t sure if I was coming or going! I’m pretty sure all of you can relate, am I right? And this is so not the blog post I promised you, but I’ll be sure to start out 2019 with it and I’ll make it worth the wait! 😊
What do you do to beat the stress of your everyday lives, especially during this busy time of year? I would love to hear any tips you may have.
Here’s what helps me chill out:
1. First, I always check my faith. I know it sounds cliche, but I count my blessings and put things into true perspective. Always works for me.
2. Then I do some helpful things for loved ones and/or strangers. Even giving a smile instead of a sour face is a big deal.
3. Next, I clean. Something. Anything. The bathroom, the dishes, or I make the bed. At the very least, I tidy up.
4. Then I take a walk and/or a shower or hot bath. Ahhhhhh, I’m feeling good just thinking about it! 😉💕(Here’s a great post on setting up a self-care bullet journal)
5. Finally, I do something creative. (if you’re looking for some fun & festive DIYs, check out my DIY Winter Gift Wraps, Tags & Garnish or 5 DIY Gift Tags…Fast, Fun & Festive posts) If I don’t have time to make something crafty, I take photos. This was breakfast this morning.
So, yeah. I chilled out and chose joy and had an awesome day. I hope your day and the rest of your December is wonderful too! ❤
See you next year!
Nancy Gaines is a photo stylist, graphic designer and storyteller, as well as a passionate food and product photographer. She loves all things paper, crafty, vintage-y and colorful. Her creative, seemingly bionic eye for cute has her shooting for her recently launched online clothing, shoes & accessories shop for women, men & kids with her daughter, Aisha. You can find her on the Poshmark buying/selling app at @shabbysheikha on Instagram at www.instagram.com/shabbysheikha and at www.instagram.com/everydaynaseeha.
Click the button below to opt-in to our newsletter list and you’ll get instant access to our free resource library filled with PDFs and worksheets to make it as easy as possible to send cards and spread love.