August is commonly known for being the perfect summer month BUT did you know that it’s also full of friendship card giving holidays? Here are just some of the holidays:
- National Girlfriends Day: August 1st
- National Friendship Day: August 5th
- National Friend Week: the third week of August (Aug 19-25th)
- Be Kind to Humankind Week: the fourth week of August (Aug 26-31)
It’s a friendship & card sending celebration!
Which means August is the perfect time to use all those cards you may have hoarded (*ahem* I’m looking at you, the PbP Posse) or if you make them by hand, you better bust a move.
With all these dates in mind, I thought it would be fun to do a MINI August #sendcardsspreadlove challenge during the month. Let’s put smiles on our loved ones’ faces and celebrate friendships by sending 4 cards – that’s only one per week!
At the end of the challenge, one participant will receive their choice of a single curated collection (exempted: themed collections, stationery boxes and the special/limited edition collections). You in? All you have to do to enter to win is tag me on social media @prettybypost & add the #sendcardsspreadlove and/or #fierceloyalthy hashtags or participate in our Facebook Group & a random winner will be chosen on September 1.
[Tweet “We’re celebrating friendships with a MINI August #sendcardsspreadlove challenge! Join us here to participate & win!”]
Here’s some tips on getting organized & resources on what to write
To make it easy to send out cards, I have a simple letter writing kit, because I need my focus to be on writing and not scrambling at the last minute to find cards, stamps, a pen and other essentials.
Set up your letter writing kit:
1. Stock up on cards
One of the best things (ok, the best thing) of owning Pretty by Post® is having access to a fabulous selection of cards. If you need cards, here are some options:
- Schedule time to run to your fave, local paper store to pick some up (Paper Source is my go to)
- Order cards online from Etsy or indie-designed businesses (we have 3 perfect LIMITED EDITION curated collections ready for you: Girl Boss Box Notes, Like A Boss collection & Who We Are Collection – 10% of proceeds from all 3 of these sets will be donated to Writes for Women, an organization focused on economic and social justice for women. OR you can check out any of our past single curated collections.)
- Put those crafty skills to use & hand make some cards – we have great DIY tutorials here, here, here & here.
3. Grab some pens. No letter writing kit would be complete without your favorite pens or other writing tools. A few of my ride or die pens include: Staedtler Triplus Fineliner and Sugar Paper’s Signature Pen.
4. Make sure you have addresses. If you’re a paper lover then you’ll want a physical address book and if you’re a digital person, then make sure your contacts are all up-to-date.
5. BONUS items. If you’re crafty or creative, then you could also add washi tape, wax seals (check out our tutorial here) hand lettering tools (we have an awesome hand lettering tutorial here), rubber stamps, stickers, etc.
Resources You May Find Helpful:
- Big List of Reasons to Send Cards
- Resources on What to Write
- Craft the Perfect Thank You Note
- Quick & Easy Tips for Writing Notes
- Craft the Perfect Just Because Card
Need accountability? Join our #sendcardsspreadlove FB group, where we hold monthly challenges with prizes.
Here’s to sending cards & spreading love!
PS. I would love to see your cards and/or letter writing kits. Tag me @prettybypost so I can cheer you on!
I’d be forever grateful if you found this post helpful to please share it using the buttons at the end of the post.
Click the button below to opt-in to our newsletter list and you’ll get instant access to our free resource library filled with PDFs and worksheets to make it as easy as possible to send cards and spread love.